Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A little Bit about Poppin' Dots Boutique

Thought I would start off the new blog with a little bit about me and the Poppin' Dots Boutique Business!
 To start My name is Brittany and I am the sole proprietor of Poppin' Dots Boutique. I started this business right after getting my GED at the age of 19. I was home schooled during most of my high school years. I studied alot and was able to graduate getting my GED a year earlier then my classmates. Right after getting my GED I started looking for a hobby. In 2009 I started buying and reselling kids clothes online, after a couple of months I decided that I really didn't enjoy it and wanted to try something else. I decided to start searching the internet and found all these adorable bows! I tried my hand at it, but couldn't make it work, so with a little more searching I decided to try my hand at sewing. I had sewed a little in high school, but not much, so this was a pretty new thing for me. With some more searching I decided that I would start making pillowcase dresses, to my surprise they were very easy for me and I realized that I really loved to sew. So in March of 2010 I decided that I would open my own Etsy Shop. It took a couple months to get everything going and items made but in May I posted my first pillowcase dress, the next morning when I checked, it had sold! I was so excited - and this is where the business began. I created my page on facebook and what once started out at a few close friends has now grown to almost 500! I am always having sales on that page, and my fans are great! Poppin' Dots Boutique wouldn't be what it is today without them. Along with my fan base, as you can imagine my items have grown also. What once started out as just Pillowcase Dresses has grown to Pillowcase Dresses, Tie & Applique Onesies, Boo-Boo Bags, Tinkle Tents, Crayon Rolls and more being added all the time!! You can check out all of these items and more at poppindotsboutique.etsy.com
Thanks for Stopping by, and I hope you have learned a little more about me and Poppin' Dots Boutique!
Make sure to become a follower to make sure you don't miss any special contests or announcements!

No comments:

Post a Comment